The pioneering comic and actor, Paul Mooney, dies at the age of 79 years. Paul Mooney lived a life of legacy and his works will continue to speak. In this post, we have been able to compose all you need to know about Paul Mooney's biography, net worth, age, and death.
Paul Mooney's death was announced through his aide, Cassandra Williams, to The Holywood Reporter. The icon passed away at his home in Oakland, California, United States, on Wednesday 19, May 2021 at exactly 05:30 a.m.
Paul Mooney's Biography, Age
The legend comedian, Paul Mooney, was born on August 4, 1941. Mooney was born in Louisiana, in the United States as Paul Gladney (birth name). Paul was a famous writer and actor. Some of his works include Pryor's Place (1984), Meet the Blacks (2016), and Brewster's Millions (1985). He was married to Yvonne Mooney.
- Birth Name: Paul Gladney
- Born on August 4, 1941
- Birthplace: Louisiana, United States of America
- Height: Mooney's height was 1.84 m
- Spouse: Paul Mooney got married to Yvonne Mooney on 19 January 1973. Divorced with 3 children.
- Age: 79-year-old
Paul Mooney's Life and Works
- Paul Mooney grew up in Oakland, California. He got his first nickname from his grandmom. Paul's nickname given to him by his grandmother is "Mooney". His birth name was Paul Gladney, while he got Mooney from his grandmom. Hence, he was called Paul Mooney. Also, he was the father of Shane Mooney and of Mooney Twins (Dwayne Mooney and Daryl Mooney). Symeon, Paul's son, was murdered in 2001.
- Paul Mooney worked for comedian Richard Pryor. He wrote some of his stand-up comedy materials.
- In 1990, Paul Mooney created the Homey the Clown character on In Living Color. A stand-up comic having a rich, deep voice. His act focused primarily on social issues and race.
- He gave so many young stand-up comics their first break into the entertainment business such as Sandra Bernhard, Argus Hamilton. Paul Mooney mentored Sandra Bernhard, and both were friends before his death.
- Paul Mooney also wrote comedy material for Redd Foxx. In the 1970s, the talented comedian wrote jokes for Jimmie Walker. He also was a regular extra on Playboy After Dark in 1969, contested for The Dating Game in 1965.
- Paul Mooney shares the same Birthday with onetime American's President, Barak Obama. Barack Obama is 20 years younger than Paul Mooney.
Paul Mooney's Net worth
Mooney rose to fame in the comedy world when he wrote for Richard Pryor. Both of them, according to the New York Daily News, featured in Pryor's film (1982) "Live on the Sunset Strip". They also collaborated to write the 1986 movie, "Jo Jo Dancer, Your Life Is Calling with Rocco Urbisci."
- As at the time of his death, according to Celebrity Net Worth, Paul Mooney is worth an estimate of USD$500,000.
Paul Mooney's Death
- Comedian Paul Mooney was reported dead on Wednesday, May 19, 2021. According to The New York Daily News, Paul Mooney died of a heart attack.