If you though hair loss only hits after a certain age, think again. Hair loss has become an increasingly major concern among men and women of all ages. Many women in their 20s have started to experiencing hair loss for a variety of reasons. There are many genetic and environmental factors that contribute to extensive hair loss. Bad lifestyle choices is one of the culprits behind this problem. Other common reasons for hair fall among women are hormonal changes due to pregnancy or menopause, contraceptive pills or other medications, physical and emotional stress.
A receding hairline can cause panic and people start using topical products widely available in the market today. When the problem becomes too severe, they resort to medical consultation with a specialist. As hair loss can be triggered due to various reasons, the doctor first determines the underlying cause and then recommend a suitable treatment.
Hair restoration procedures such as hair transplants are becoming very popular. The advanced technology and high success rate has major promoters for this. This is the most permanent or long-term solution to cover up the bald areas. A hair transplant surgery can help the patient regain self-confidence in their looks and general attitude. There are many clinics and hospitals that are renowned for their services for the best hair transplant in India. They have a high success rate and offer economical packages for the treatment. This makes India a favored medical travel destination for international patients.
However, there are a few things a person can incorporate in their everyday habits that will help prevent hair loss:
- Avoid tight hair styles: The high ponytails may look classy, but you may want to rethink the hairstyle. Constantly pulled back hair in a tight ponytail or braid can lead to progressive thinning of the hair line. Avoid regularly making such hairstyles. There is a risk that these could lead to permanent hair loss. Keep changing your hair style every day of the week. Also, make sure the hair are not tied too tightly in a ponytail or braid.
- Tackle stress: Stress has many negative effects on the body overall and one of these is that it could lead to hair loss. One must figure out ways to manage or reduce stress on a regular basis. Yoga and meditation are age old techniques that calms down a person. There are certain yoga poses that can even be benficial for hair and reduce the impact of stress on hair. There are many other activities such as walking, dancing or more extensive ones such as working out or simply jogging that can help.
- Follow good hair hygiene practices: Keep your scalp clean and healthy. Washing hair regularly with a mild shampoo that suits the scalp type is important part of hair hygeine. Many people think that cutting back on how often they wash their hair is a good way to keep out the chemicals that can harm the hair. But many organic shampoos are avaiable now. A balance has to be created to not overuse shampoos and conditioners while also not letting the scalp and hair be dirty.
- Add hair growth boosters to your diet: Food items and supplements than help strengthen the hair can be added to the diet. The most helpful vitamins are Vitamin B, A, C and E. Vitamin B3 improves blood circulation to the scalp while B1 boosts nerve impulses and growth. Other vitamins such as B5, B6 and B12 also help prevent hair loss. Vitamins A and C help protect the hair fiber from harmful external factors. Other than vitamis, minerals and trace elements such as potassium, zinc and iron also promote scalp oxygenation and hair growth. However, one must remober that the vitamin supplements do not replace a healthy, balanced diet. Eating fruit, vegetables and vegetable oils rich in omegas, and amino acid along with protein-rich foods that boost keratin production is the best way to consume the nutrients.
- Hair washing ritual: Rubbing the scalp is not advisable as it may irritate the sebaceous glands and results in an oily scalp. The experts suggest flattening and spread fingers out in a half-circle around the head, and then gently massage the area for a minute, while moving from front to the back of head. After rinsing the hair clean, use cold water to boost the blood flow even more and enhance shine. It is generally recommended to avoid hot water for washing hair.
- Carefully dry the hair: Moving the head forward (downwards) and tipping the dry hair upside down is a good method to boost blood flow to the scalp. This technique also helps in adding body and volume to fine or thin hair.
- At night: For a final beauty boost before going to sleep, massage your scalp gently for a few minutes minutes while keeping you head tipped forward or downwrad. Remember not to rub and do not use nails while massaging the scalp. This technique will not only enhance the blood flow around the roots but also detoxify the scalp by exfoliating the dead skin cells.